Thursday, June 3, 2010

Heavy on my mind

Another night I cannot sleep. Recently, I found an old friend on FB. I can't add as friend because for un-confirmed reasons she is no longer a friend. This has been weighing heavy on my mind for the last 7 years. We met about 15 years ago and became fast friends from the get go. We were like sisters. I was her maid of honor. When either of us needed the other, we were there. Then I quit work to take care of my parents. And one day when I got to her house she met me with a helmet and said you're going for a ride...... So, I got on the bike with her husband (nothing new there) and went for a ride. Only problem was he stopped and asked why I had dated his friends, but never him and "you know all of this could have been yours". To say I was shocked speechless was an understatement. Not long after my mom died and he came to the house to pick something up and gave me what I thought was a sympathy hug, only he then tried to kiss me! After telling him that I only loved him like a brother and could never feel anything other than that, and that he had it made with a wife who loved him dearly and I could never EVER do anything that would hurt her, I made him leave. After that, every time I went over there, if he was home, he would make comments when she was out of hearing that made me quite uncomfortable. So, I stopped going over when I knew he was going to be home. Then after a party she asked me if I had been hitting on him....... her 'new' best friend and her ex said they saw me. I was heartbroken that she would even ask! The last time I saw her my fiance (now my husband) took me to her house (even though it made him run late for work) so I could take her roses for her birthday. She was downright out and out rude!!!!! From that day on she never answered the phone when I'd call and never returned my calls. It's been 7 years and I still miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment